How to Remove Kerberos Password on Ubuntu 12.10 and Ubuntu 12.04


This is a really rare state of affairs one would possibly face. Suddenly your Ubuntu primarily based pc, VPS or server would possibly prompt you to enter Kerberos arcanum. Same factor happened to American state, I don’t keep in mind if I had set kerberos arcanum within the past. I had solely updated sure packages. This happened after I tried assign new arcanum to AN existing vsftpd user. during this case all I may consider is obtaining eliminate Kerberos arcanum to proceed with my work.


Kerberos arcanum is network authentication protocol which permit nodes human activity over a non-secure network to prove their identity to 1 another firmly. currently to urge eliminate Kerberos arcanum, all we'd like to try and do is removing a package that causes the difficulty. but this is often a security feature that one would possibly use if they're aware regarding their information.

To remove Kerberos arcanum in Ubuntu:

sudo apt-get take away --purge libpam-krb5

0 comments:

Post a Comment